We all need to clean our homes and keep the dust, dirt and pet hair at bay. Most of us are familiar with using the standard upright or cylinder vacuums and slogging away with them every week probably getting back ache and shoulder ache. Wouldn’t it be great to just sit back and let someone do it for you? No I don’t mean hiring a maid, but using a robotic vacuum!
Robot vacuums have been around for over 20 years but they didn’t become commercially successful until iRobot launched the Roomba in 2002. It had the technology to change direction when it encountered obstacles in its way, identify edges and inclines so it didn’t fall over and was able to detect dirt on the floor to clean. Since then, robot vacuum technology has improved further and become much more sophisticated. They save you time, work, energy and are now able to be pre-programmed and connected to your home wifi system. They are also much more affordable nowadays. bObsweep Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is one the best selling robot vacuum nowadays in United States, today I’m going to review this product and discuss about it’s incredible features, good side and few of it’s cons as well.
- Just like his shape, Bob is a well-rounded cleaner fit for every home.
- Easy on the ear and on the eye: although quiet, he charms with his looks.
- Low profile and high endurance: at just 3 inches Bob fits almost everywhere, and lasts up to 100 minutes to take care of every spot. His enhanced navigation system means more coverage in fewer passes.
- Bob obeys the schedule you give him for any and all days of the week. He runs on tile, hardwood, carpet and rugs, avoids stairs, and returns to charge when low on battery. Rinse his fully washable dustbin for easy maintenance and a complete clean.
- Bob is backed by a 1-year limited warranty, 5 years of subsidized service, and an amazing, US-based support team.
Top Innovative Features of bObsweep Pro Robotic Vacuum
Bobsweep Pro has sophisticated spatial awareness with smart sensor technology. It has three sensors and a digital infrared camera. Using the laser guided scanners, cameras and sensors (known as the ‘virtual walls’ system) it can map out the cleaning environment of your home so he knows where to go. This map is then permanently stored for more efficiency and it can be updated with new information on areas which have not been cleaned yet so it can build on the map with each clean.
This robotic vacuum has dirt sensors which ensure a thorough cleaning. It can deal with dust, dirt, pet hair and small debris with its powerful 500 PA suction. With his HEPA filter system he eliminates 99.9% of allergens such as house dust mites reducing the risk of health problems associated with allergies. Bobsweep pro has a 500ml dust bin capacity which is easy to empty and easy to clean.
Most amazing thing of Bobsweep pro robot vacuum is that – it has a battery life of 100 minutes and automatically returns to his docking station when low on battery. This product is also quiet which is a big plus compared to noisy larger vacuums. You can sit back and watch the TV with your feet up while he cleans around you!
BOb’s edge protection systems prevent him from falling off edges. It comes with a charging station adapter, cleaning tools, side brushes and filters.
It’s designed to work on low pile carpets, rugs, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and ceramic tiled floors. It can clean multiple rooms. The BOb Pro Offers the ‘2 in 1’ cleaning systems where it sweeps and vacuums.
BOb has different types of cleaning modes so you choose which one you require for your environment:
- Auto: This mode is helpful for your general cleaning. In this mode BOb will clean a space until he runs out of battery and is ready for a recharge
- Spot: with this mode BOb can focus on a particular dirty zone.
- Turbo: this mode is used to clean and pick up most of the dirt and dust, but it may be a little noisy (but you can put him into ‘Quiet’ mode).
- Edge: this mode helps to clean edges & corners.
You can set it up for a seven day a week cleaning schedule to your liking. Connect it to your Wifi and this robot vacuum can be controlled via remote control, smart phone app or voice control systems such as Alexa and Google Assistant. It can also be used without a Wifi connection so don’t worry if you don’t have Wifi. You can set it up to work during the night so you can rest easy knowing your house will be dust and dirt free when you wake up. You can even set him up to clean while you are on vacation. When his battery is low he will go back to his charging station, recharge and then start the clean on the next programmed cycle. These all things are very impressive feature of Boobsweep pro, Isn’t it?
BOb Sweep Pro Robotic Vacuum Specifications
- Diameter 12.8 inches (32.5cm)
- Height 3.2 inches (8.1cm)
- Weight 10lbs (4.5 kilos)
- 500ml dust bin (½ a quart)
- Lithium ion battery
- 100min battery life
- 3 hours to recharge
- Full bin indicator
- 1 year warranty and 5 years subsidised servicing
- Manoeuvrability with large off-road wheels can climb obstacles up to 0.625 inches (1.5cm) in height.
- Twin side brushes
- Most parts are relatively easy to disassemble and replace when worn such as filters, brushroll and side brushes.
Trending Review: Most Popular Lightweight Vacuum in 2022
What Do Users Say?
I did survey on over 500 Boobsweep pro robot vacuum users who purchased this robot vacuum from amazon, wallwart & kohls.com. I took their opinion, and feedback of this product and sharing with you now.
For handling of BOb Sweep Pro users have reported it ‘has a strong suction’ which ‘it handles pet hair well’ and when running it is ‘very quiet and unobtrusive’. In terms of how to use BOb, users say it is ‘simple to set up’ and there is an instructional video on YouTube which is ‘very helpful and informative’.
Overall Amazon reports 4 out of 5 stars in 191 ratings of BOb Sweep Pro. Customers say they are very pleased with their purchase and he is ‘highly recommended’. For one user who unfortunately had a technical fault with his BOb Pro Sweep he reported that the BOb Sweep team swiftly replaced it for him and always kept him in the loop as to what was happening and found the customer service pleasing.
www.kohls.com – Reviews of BOb Pro:
Kohls has reported 34 satisfactory reviews and there are many positive reviews posted regarding BOb’s ability to eliminate hair on the floor and keep them exceptionally clean, while allowing them the convenience of being able to do other things around the house while his cleaning is in progress. There are also comments on his ‘stylish look’ and his long running time and scheduling function. ‘I would totally recommend putting this one on your wishlist’ reported one happy consumer.
Let’s Be Honest: the ‘Good and Not So Good’ Points Comparison of Bobsweep Pro
As with everything in life there are advantages and disadvantages with electronics and technology, so we should have a look at those in a bit more detail.
The Good Points:
- Good cleaning performance on almost all types of floors
- Ease of use- helpful for the less physically able
- Wifi connectivity and remote or voice control
- Programming options
- Is in the lower pricing tier for robot vacuums
- 2 in 1 cleaning system
- Washable dust bin and filters
- Replaceable parts
- Warranty and excellent customer service if any problems
- Handy user guide to help you set up
- Reasonable battery life and automatic recharge
- Easy to store when not in use
The Not So Good Points:
- Sometimes its overall cleaning power may not be a match for a standard vacuum depending on the size and style of your home. However, even with the occasional standard vacuuming, BOb can complement this by keeping up with the dirt on your floors in-between household cleaning sessions.
- He may struggle to navigate some objects so would need to be used on uncluttered floor spaces
- He may take a little longer to complete his first cleaning sessions as he needs to first detect the dirt and then eliminate it but he will learn as he goes
- Sometimes the brushes may become clogged especially when there is a lot of hair in your home but with regular maintenance this can be dealt with.
Summing Up- What Do You Think?
It is clear that robot vacuum products are not for everyone and it does depend on your type of home, your cleaning needs and your preferences. However, I think you should give it some thought, especially if like me, you didn’t know much about robot vacuums before you did some reading about them. They will help you keep on top of the daily dust and dirt. They will help reduce allergens, much more than a manually operated vacuum can. It is true you need to keep your floors uncluttered so BOb can do his job but this encourages a tidier home. You will always be ready to have those unexpected guests over and be proud to show off your home to them. Could BOb Pro make your life easier? I think for most people he would. Set him up to quietly clean overnight and wake up to lovely dirt, dust and hair free floors in the morning! That’s the dream.
More Recommended Robot vacuum’s review: