Some argue that hygiene starts with the kitchen. It’s the reason why the kitchen must always be clean. We spend a lot of money on buying chemicals that will make the kitchen clean. Others spend a lot of time and energy scrubbing kitchen floors. This should not be the case. There is always a better way to do things. For cleaning the kitchen, you should try steam cleaning. It’s the best way to make your kitchen look super clean. Steam cleaning uses energy to remove even the hardest of stains. It’s a very safe method of cleaning the floors and the kitchen. Most people do not use steam cleaners because a few doubt its efficiency in removing stains and how to use it. In this article, you will know how steam cleaners work and how to clean a kitchen using a steam cleaner. In addition, you will know what can be cleaned with a steam cleaner.
Related post: Things To Know About Cleaning Your Kitchen Floors
How does it work?
Most people doubt how steam can be used to remove stains. But it really works. Stains are able to stick on kitchen floors, walls, and kitchen apparatus such fridges because they have an adhesive property. To remove these stains, what chemicals and other natural means of cleaning do is weaken the adhesive properties. Steam has a high temperature, which is able to weaken the adhesiveness in stains, making it easy to remove stains.
Why should you use a handheld steam cleaner to clean your kitchen?
Here are the reasons to buy a handheld steam cleaner for your kitchen.
- It’s the most eco-friendly way to clean the kitchen. It does not use any sort of chemical which might have any side effect. Only water is required.
- Unlike other modes of cleaning, steam dry’s fast.
- Steam cleaners, especially handheld, can help you clean those places that were hard to clean, such as crevices and cracks.
Important for you: Steam Cleaning: Three Steps To A Fresher Home!
Steps to clean the kitchen.
It takes three broad steps to clean the kitchen, whether its floors or apparatus such as fridges. Preparing for cleaning, cleaning, and drying. We shall explain these steps in detail below.
- Preparing for cleaning.
This is the part that involves removing excess stains. For a floor, ensure that things such as toys have been removed and other large objects to cater for cleaning space. Sometimes it is good to move others to one corner then clean the other side. In some cases, this step involves using a vacuum cleaner. This is the most efficient way of ensuring that large dust is removed. All large particles must be removed so that the steam cleaner can work efficiently. Still, after using a vacuum cleaner, you can use a pre-treater that you know or a natural one and leave it to set in. It will be removed during the cleaning process.
This step starts with filling the steam cleaner with water. Water is what is used to produce steam. Connect it to an electric switch and put it on. Wait for some minutes for the water to heat and produce steam to start the cleaning process. While cleaning, you should be in a no rush to finish it. Take your time and ensure that before you take a step, you have moved the steamer back and forth several times. For each place that you clean, make sure that you do not step over it with your shoes. Apparatus like fridges make sure that the nozzle gets to all the hidden corners. When cleaning, makes sure that you wear shoes and that all attachments are well connected to minimize damages in the event of an accident. Be cautious. Steam can cause burns when it comes to contact with your skin.
The next step is to let the cleaned surfaces dry. They should not be exposed to sunlight as it might cause bleaching. Allow fresh air into the kitchen by opening the windows and the doors. Sometimes if in a hurry, use a fan to hasten the cleaning process. For the steam cleaner, remove the remaining water after finishing, if any. Then remove all attachment and clean them and let them dry. Store the whole steam cleaner and its parts while dry. This is a good maintenance practice that is required for every apparatus we use. Leave everything clean and do not store while moist.
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Tile & Grout Using A Handheld Steam Cleaner?
How to get a good handheld steam cleaner?
Look for the following properties to get the best handheld steam cleaner.
- The water tank capacity. A larger water tank capacity is preferred to a smaller tank. Tanks supply the water that is needed for heating to produce steam. If the tank is smaller, it means there will be more stopping intervals to refill the tank. This will waste a lot of time as opposed to the fewer interval.
- Have many attachments. There are steam cleaners that are designed to clean specific parts, such as carpets. Though these steam cleaners are good, you should look at the attachments it has as it can help you when other needs arise, such as cleaning tiles. In such a case, you won’t spend money buying a new one. Common attachments are window squeegee, tile brush, grout brush, and a scrubbing pad.
- Heating-up time. Some heaters take the shortest time to heat up to produce steam. These are what you should be looking for as you will reduce the time you have to wait for the steamer to heat up.
- Cable length. Steam cleaners are always connected to an electric switch. Having a long cable ensures that a large surface is cleaned before thinking of switching to another switch.
Revolutionize your kitchen cleaning with a steam cleaner. They will make your kitchen look very attractive and ensure your health. They are advantageous as steam cleaners help remove toxins that hide on the surfaces of floors. It’s an effective and environmentally friendly way to clean your kitchen. Always use a steam cleaner. If buying one is a problem, you can always hire. Get this arsenal and make your kitchen super clean. If you follow the above three steps of using a steam cleaner, you are guaranteed excellent results without having to consult a professional.
Related Post: World’s Best Handheld Steam Cleaners For Grout, That You Can Actually Afford To Buy!