For those in the know, grout is difficult to clean even when you have the right tools. However, the average person tries to clean the wrong grout using household chemicals while scrubbing on their hands and knees, which really is an exercise in futility unless you have a lot of time and some serious elbow grease behind you.
Fortunately, floor steam cleaners can do the job, especially steam cleaners engineered with tile, grout and other hard surfaces in mind. Today, we’re going to give a rundown of eight of the best mid-scale industrial & commercial steam cleaners for tile and grout on the market today. This is a great introduction for those interested in investing in their first commercial grout steamer, as well as good news for professional cleaners looking for more innovation to get the job done better as well as faster!
If you are interested in purchasing an industrial tile and grout steam cleaner, you have found the right place to help you make the perfect decision to meet your needs. We’ve tested and reviewed all of the products we are about to recommend!
8 Top Rated Industrial Tile and Grout Steam Cleaners That Works Extremely Good!
This is the latest in a line of products from a company well-renowned in this industry. Known for their use of solenoids for steam control rather than analog for consistency in steam dryness, those in the know already expect good things from this manufacturer. But, does this particular unit hold its own if you take away the reputable name?
This of course depends on the scope of your project, as this is a somewhat compact model, meaning that warehouse -sized cleaning projects will require a fleet of these, or will take a decent bit of time. There exist larger units for such tasks, and they aren’t the tasks that engineers had in mind when they built this magnificent beast.
With a decently substantial water capacity, a powerful, fast boiler and some nice additional tools, this is an excellent steam cleaner for midsize and smaller projects, not to mention quite affordable compared to many of its competitors.
Between solid statistics, reliable craftsmanship and an intuitive nature making it easy to use for appropriately-trained users, this is definitely one worth considering if you have projects of average size to contend with.
This is definitely one to consider if you clean a lot of kitchens or other facilities with organic or complex chemical compounds splattering on the floor. The lack of chemicals being used means no risk of bad reactions or mixtures happening, something that is a real danger with commercial steam steamers that use chemical cleaning agents!
- Boiler: 1900 Watt
- Water Capacity: 3 gallons
- Multipurpose: Yes
- Dry Steam Control: Electric solenoid
- Chemical-Free: Yes
- Professional Tools: Over 50 professional tools included
- Engineering allows for excellent control of steam dryness.
- Powerful boiler that allows quick eating and a steady flow of powerful steam.
- A great many professional tools included which make this a very diverse model.
- Intuitive to use, with a great many safety features implemented.
- Chemical free, making it versatile enough to handle just about any environment.
- Reasonable price considering the high-end manufacturer behind it.
- There are justifiable concerns when it comes to using solenoids as regulators. They can be difficult and costly to replace versus other forms of valve and flow control.
- While the capacity is nothing to sneeze at, it would be time-consuming to use this cleaner for exceptionally large floors.
- While being so light-weight is usually a virtue when it comes to moving equipment, the 45 pound weight of this machine when empty means it can easily be tipped over if someone is too aggressive with the hose.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - To illustrate our commitment to quality, each machine (not just the boiler) carries a complete lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. We also offer USA based phone and email support.
- CEME ELECTRONIC SOLENOID VALVE - Found on all Vapamore commercial units, this feature opens and closes the steam flow from the machine electronically vs mechanically from the handle keeping the lines as dry as possible for dryer hotter steam.
- CAPACITY AND PERFORMANCE - The Vapamore Forza Commercial Steam Cleaner features the largest in class 4 liter / 1 gallon stainless steel boiler with a heavy-duty 1900 watt heating element capable of bringing the steamer to a high tip temperature in just minutes. The Forza can also deliver consistent 95 psi heated steam at 280 Degrees Fahrenheit for continued work with no down time between fills.
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - The Vapamore Forza Commercial Steam Cleaner uses just water allowing you to clean your home or work area without the need for harsh and expensive chemicals. The Ottimo makes cleaning simple in areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, tile floors, and automotive.
- ONBOARD ATTACHMENTS - Exchanging attachments is easy with the onboard attachment basket located in the rear of the machine. With over 50 accessories and attachments tools, the Forza Commercial Steam Cleaner has what you need to get the job done right.
Another popular manufacturer, it’s easy to mistake this cleaner, at first glance, as an old-school vacuum cleaner. It looks very much like one, but some would say that that is part of the charm of products this company makes. However, charm doesn’t really matter, it’s all about capacity.
This is, at its heart, differently in industrial steam cleaner, but this is one intended to fit in as a residential tile & grout cleaner machine, not just one for large commercial or industrial spaces.
- Boiler: 345F hating capacity
- Water Capacity: Not specified
- Multipurpose: Yes, but only hard surfaces
- Dry Steam Control: All digital controls
- Chemical-Free: Yes, but has optional detergent functionality
- Professional Tools: 27 heavy-duty accessories provided
- Light-weight, and designed with its lightweight in mind.
- Easy to use.
- Digital controls, excellent visual readouts of important statistics.
- Sleek, stainless steel design with excellent Italian engineering behind it.
- Powerful boiler and dual tank system.
- Absolutely too small for large cleaning projects.
- A little expensive for a unit its size.
- Poor documentation regarding certain specifications.
- UNLIMITED cleaning time: refill while in use + DETERGENT TANK.
- HOTTEST STEAM: 345°F steam temperature with digital gauge: hour counter, pressure gauge maintenance reminder.
- COMMERCIAL-GRADE: suitable for home or work.
- Premium accessories: 27-piece kit, MADE IN ITALY.
- Fully stainless steel boiler and casing
This will ensure doesn’t look industrial, invoking the same kind of professional yet consumer aesthetic of certain tool brands, but don’t let appearances fool you. This sleek canister grout steamer machine is extremely maneuverable, very portable and incredibly easy to use. With two hoses, cleaning floors, elevated surfaces, even furniture and cars is a breeze.
Unfortunately, like many steamers, this versatility can be a bit of an Achilles’ heel when it comes to something as arduous as cleaning grout. These steamers tend to be gentler in their implementation, and while some amount of gentleness is necessary with grout and tile, it needs a little more power behind it than a lot of other things.
However, for small-scale cleaning companies doing residential work, auto detailers or people who just want an industrial cleaning option for their home, this is definitely worth considering.
- Boiler: 900 W, exact temperature not specified
- Water Capacity: 64 ounces
- Multipurpose: Yes
- Dry Steam Control: Standard digital control, mechanical valves
- Chemical-Free: Yes
- Professional Tools: 23 professional accessories included
- This is perfect for consumer situations where a commercial floor steam cleaner is regularly needed, be it carpet, furniture, your car or, yes, tile and grout.
- Extremely affordable.
- Incredibly lightweight at 4 pounds, very maneuverable with its canister design.
- Nice tank capacity, offering up to 120 minutes of consistent runtime and cleaning without reheating, or refilling.
- Really isn’t as suited for commercial environments, at least not for use by cleaning companies.
- Doesn’t have the most durable design compared to others on this list.
- Is a little fast and loose in listing specifications for heat and surfaces it is compatible with.
- Absolutely unsuitable for cleaning industrial spaces.
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more..Max Steam Time: 90 min. Watts : 1500. Volts : 120V
- 23 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, angled nozzle, scrub pad, scraper, squeegee, and more. Conveniently store accessories on-board or in included storage bag.
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 64-ounce water tank heats up in under 12 minutes and provides up to 120 minutes of steam. Blast away dirt and grime with on-demand variable steam control, optional steam lock for continuous steam, and 4 bar (58 PSI) pressure. Hertz : 60 HZ
- GREATER REACH — Extra-long 18-foot power cord and 10-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a McCulloch product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
Don’t let the multi-purpose nature of this commercial steam cleaner for tile and grout fool you. It is very much that, a cleaner for tile and grout first and foremost. While it is designed to be a commercial grout steamer first of all, it is gentle enough to work with carpet, fabric, elevated surfaces and inside your car as well.
- Boiler: 295F, 8-minute heat-up
- Water Capacity: ½ gallon
- Multipurpose: Yes
- Dry Steam Control: Standard analog valves, gauge readout
- Chemical-Free: Yes, but chemicals can be used when needed
- Professional Tools: 17 professional-great attachments for great versatility.
- Probably one of the better residential implementations of commercial-grade technology when it comes to a commercial steam cleaner for tile and grout.
- Light-weight, but not to its own demise.
- Reliable brand, affordable price.
- Very durable, long-lasting cleaning action, intuitive to use.
- Very limited tank capacity, boiler power requirements not clearly specified.
- Offers fewer extensions and tools than many of its competing entries.
- While not the most important thing with something like this, the design is rather ugly.
- Fast Heat Large Tank - In 8 minutes, a ½ gallon of water becomes 298ºF dry steam vapor. With up to 2 hours of cleaning time and 3 pressure settings, this professional steamer really performs. Italian made by original inventors of steam cleaner technology.
- No Harsh Chemicals - A great solution for anyone with a compromised immune system or conditions that cannot tolerate harsh cleaning chemicals or fumes. A Sargent steam machine protects your eyes, lungs, your whole body from cleaning chemicals.
- Includes 17 Steam Cleaner Attachments - Large rectangle brush for steam cleaning flooring, walls, ceilings. Diamond brush for counter tops, appliances, blinds. Squeegee windows, mirrors streak-free. Jet nozzle for grout, tile, detail work.
- Customer Service - Need help using your Sargent Steam cleaner? Watch our steam cleaner training tutorials - download our e-book "Power House Cleaning 101" See how to steam clean any surface and take the hard work out of housework.
- Lifetime Support - Backed by our amazing Sargent Steam Cleaner Team. Since 1993, real people who are here to help our customers with all their professional steam cleaner needs. We’ve got you covered on service and replacement parts.
Continuing in examples of industrial tile steam cleaner technology really meant for consumer use, this is probably the absolute epitome of compromise but also quality work quality really matters.
Coming from a somewhat less-known company, this commercial steam cleaner for tile and grout has a fairly standard canister design, and its appearance isn’t exactly noteworthy nor memorable. However, according to what most commercial floor steam cleaner reviews have to say about it, this is a case of the little engine that could.
Despite being a small cleaner unfit for large projects, and not coming from a company with the reputation of some on this list, it is said to be incredibly durable, incredibly reliable and very effective despite being multi-purpose.
- Boiler: 338F
- Water Capacity: 2 liters
- Multipurpose: Yes
- Dry Steam Control: Standard valve controls
- Chemical-Free: Yes, but can work with certain gentle chemicals.
- Professional Tools: 14 accessories
- Is evidently remarkably durable and capable given its otherwise average specifications and lack of pedigree.
- Remarkably affordable and lightweight.
- Works great with carpet despite being designed around hard surfaces.
- Has a lackluster variety of accessories.
- Less-known company, making it hard to trust some of the commercial floor steam cleaner reviews that discuss it in length.
- Doesn’t have a very hefty tank.
- Some technical specifications are suspiciously unclear.
If you like Dupray, but the previous unit was a little too much machine for your needs, or a little too costly, this is another interesting design. Being very lightweight, very modern in its sensibilities, this is a no-nonsense approach to offering a commercial steam cleaner for tile and grout intended primarily for consumer use.
However, unlike many of these consumer-in-mind industrial tile and steam cleaner concepts, this one is one I would be comfortable recommending to small-scale professional residential cleaning services.
- Boiler: 275F
- Water Capacity: 54oz.
- Multipurpose: Yes
- Dry Steam Control: All digital, simple controls
- Chemical-Free: Yes
- Professional Tools: 17 powerful attachments
- Dupray power at consumer prices but with industrial capabilities.
- While aesthetics don’t truly matter, there’s something lovable about the simple white cube modern design of this unit.
- I have never seen an easier-to-use control scheme that also achieves such simplicity.
- Small tank, doesn’t get hot enough to handle some tougher cleaning jobs possibly.
- Heavier than it probably should be, but that might actually be intentional.
- Default hose is a little short.
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose steamer for home, cars and more.
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or cloth, no need for expensive special pads!
- 2-year Limited Warranty / Lifetime Warranty on steam cleaner boiler.
This commercial steam cleaner for tile and grout is absolutely purely a consumer unit. That’s not too bad-mouth of this industrial tile steam cleaner, because it is very powerful, easy-to-use, light-weight and versatile. However, it is too small and low-capacity for projects outside residential, or very-small commercial concerns. I can’t see recommending this to cleaning services, even small ones in spite of its admitted capabilities. Great for residential use, though!
- Boiler: 1450 watts/200F
- Water Capacity: Not listed
- Multipurpose: Yes
- Dry Steam Control: Automatic, minimal, mechanical valves
- Chemical-Free: Yes, but can work with certain cleaning solutions
- Professional Tools: Nothing to really speak of
- Extremely affordable, easy-to-use and excellent for residential concerns.
- Does indeed bring industrial/commercial-grade capability to the house.
- Very power-efficient, not to mention very safe in its design.
- No real accessories to speak of.
- Unsuitable for professional use outside of residential cleaning services, and that’s a stretch.
- Very run-of-the-mill steam control means almost no control outside what it does automatically.
- Doesn’t get very hot, doesn’t even specify tank capacity.
- Naturally Deep Clean: Perfect for deep cleaning, utilizing steam that heats up in 40 seconds and with a steam output of over 200°F. Designed to eliminate grease and stains from a wide range of surfaces and kills up to 99.9% of common household bacteria and viruses* without the use of harsh chemicals.Material: Plastic
- Multi-Functional Cleaner: Effortlessly clean stone, grout, LVT, vinyl, tile, and laminate floors in your kitchen, bathrooms, and living areas with this steam cleaner; removes water spots, as well as fingerprints on your windows and mirrors. Cable length (m) 4
- Maximized Cleaning Surface: Thanks to lamella technology, the steam is distributed edge-to-edge over the floor cleaning tool for a wider cleaning path and for greater cleaning efficiency
- Set Includes: Hand nozzle with microfiber cover, EasyFix floor nozzle with two 20” extension tubes, with 13.6" microfiber cloth, small round nylon brush, spotlight nozzle, and a descaling cartridge
- Greater Reach: A flexible nozzle joint and two included 20" extension tubes that provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard-to-get-to places, such as underneath furniture and overhead areas
When it comes to cleaning appliances, you can’t get much more brand recognition than Bissell. Also, this is the first and only one on the list truly dedicated to hard surfaces and nothing else, something that, in and of itself, makes it quite noteworthy.
While its small size means that it’s not entirely viable for large-scale projects, this is perfectly usable for commercial cleaners as well as for residential use alike. And, come on, it’s Bissell. I would rarely cite a brand name as a credential this plainly, but in this case, I think most professional sanitation people would simply nod in agreement with me.
- Boiler: Not specified
- Water Capacity: 6.6oz.
- Multipurpose: No
- Dry Steam Control: Manual control
- Chemical-Free: Yes, but can work with certain solutions
- Professional Tools: Nine hard surface-based professional tools
- Has quite the pedigree given the manufacturer, and this is one of those cases where that actually means something.
- Completely handheld and portable, very easy to use.
- Lots of excellent extensions and accessories, despite the more limited variety therein.
- Dedicated to hard surfaces, making it the one true commercial steam cleaner for tile and grout and nothing else, on this list.
- Writers of commercial floor steam cleaner reviews rave about this product, and they are a decidedly sardonic bunch.
- Can’t beat the price, especially for this brand.
- Small size means that despite the pedigree and capability, it may not be viable for large projects.
- May result in accidental dropping due to the form factor and weigh the handle is implemented.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets..Automatic Cord Rewind: No
- Powerful High-Pressure Steam Cleaner With Easy-To-Press Trigger
- Completely Chemical-Free With No Harmful Fumes Or Residue
- 1000-Watt Power Rating, Power Cord Length Is 20 Feet
- Includes Accessory Nozzle, Extension Hose, Flat Scraping Tool, Grout Brush, Fabric Steamer, Window Squeegee, Angle Concentrator, And Detail Brush. Bristles on brushes may deform over time with the combination of high-heat and friction.
Most of the entries on our list today bring commercial power to consumer hands. If you are tackling an extremely large project, you probably need to rent a large, rideable unit, and get somebody specially-trained to operate it. If you are planning on tackling warehouse -sized projects, none of these are for you.
However, for small-scale commercial and residential cleaning, just about any of these will suffice, though if you really have a serious grout problem, I can’t help but recommend either the first or last entries on this list, they were made with tile and grout in mind above all else, but any of these will definitely get your floors looking new if you put in the effort! If you want to know about using a steam cleaner on grout, you can read my another article: How to Clean Grout With a Steam Cleaner.