There can be no doubt that robot vacuums have revolutionized the way people clean their homes. It’s even possible to vacuum your home without being at home nowadays as robot vacuums run on schedules that you can set for while you’re at work, sleeping in, running to the store, or even on vacation. Read on to find the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors and your bank balance.
If you have hardwood or tile, you might not be inclined to invest in a robot vacuum cleaner, but these neat little machines are actually massive beasts when it comes to hardwood flooring. (Imagine never having to wear socks or slippers in your home again!)
Do robot vacuums really work on Hardwood Floor?
In the spirit of honesty, robot vacuums are not usually as thorough as upright vacuum cleaners. Their suction just isn’t as powerful and you can’t get the same kind of clean that you get from eyeballing your floors and going back over spots you can tell you missed with a vacuum.
Some robot vacuums actually have features that allow them to detect problem areas with extra dirt and debris buildup, allowing the vacuum to pay extra attention to dirty areas, but that’s not necessarily the standard across all price points.
The most effective robot vacuums have smart mapping, so they clean your house in the side-by-side lines you would probably do if you were the one controlling the vacuum. Without smart mapping, the robot vacuum runs in a sort of chaotic random pattern and though the robots try to hit every spot with this method, they are bound to miss every now and again.
There is one thing to ask yourself when considering a robot vacuum: Are you currently vacuuming your floors every day? Because robot vacuums can so do that for you. If they happen to miss a spot one day, they might catch it the next, leading to an overall increase in floor cleanliness and free time for you.
Overall, robot vacuums can get the job done and offer a convenience that other types of vacuum cleaners simply can’t. If you have a manual vacuum, you might want to still break it out on occasion for a deep cleaning.
10 Best Robot Vacuums For Hardwood Floor
This amazing little product works with Alexa (sold separately) and is fantastic for pet hair, carpets, and hardwood floors. The iRobot Roomba is self-charging. The Roomba 675 comes with a capacity volume of .6 liters and can be scheduled to clean from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App (compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant). The patented 3-Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi-Surface Brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris as the full suite of intelligent sensors guide the iRobot 675 under and around furniture to ensure your floors are thoroughly cleaned. The Roomba 675 comes with an auto-adjust cleaning head that automatically adapts its height to effectively clean your carpets and hard floors.
- Capacity volume - .6 liter. Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App; compatible with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant
- Patented 3-Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi-Surface Brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris
- Full suite of intelligent sensors guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean carpets and hard floors
This creative little machine cleans up after you and itself! You can forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the s9 to empty itself for up to 60 days. With groundbreaking technology and a sophisticated design, the s9 is Roomba’s smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet. With an amazing 40x the suction power, combined with a superior 3-Stage Cleaning System that lifts, loosens, and then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within your carpets.
The s9 automatically increases suction to clean even deeper with special power boost technology that, when combine with the PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush, optimize cleaning deep in corners and along edges.
Forget dealing with annoying pet hair tangled in the brushes with the s9. It’s ideal for homes with pets thanks to the 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes that just don’t get tangled with pet hair. With vSLAM navigation, the s9 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps that enable the s9 to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows. With the fantastic voice assistant, cleaning messes is now as easy as saying “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.”
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the s9 to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- OUR MOST ADVANCED CLEAN - You—and your home—deserve the best. With groundbreaking technology and a sophisticated design, the s9 is our smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet.
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40x the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within your carpets. Automatically increases suction to clean even deeper with power boost technology.
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners and along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the s9 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows. Careful Drive Mode detects objects* in its path and cleans around them without jostling or nudging. * objects taller than 2.5 cm
The Shark ION Robot Vacuum comes with three brush types and offers one powerful clean. The Tri-Brush System combines side brushes, channel brushes, and a multi-surface brush roll to handle debris on all surfaces. You can completely integrate the Shark ION into your home. The Shark ION Robot neatly senses ledges and stairs, avoids damaging furniture and walls, and manoeuvres around potential stuck situations, truly knowing the layout of your home.
The handy SharkClean app lets you start and stop cleaning and schedule your robot to clean whenever it suits you. Easy voice controls allow you to use your Alexa device or Google Assistant easily to make the robot clean at your command. With a whopping 120 MINUTE RUNTIME, you get whole-home, floor-to-carpet cleaning for up to 2 hours.
Shark puts their robots through rigorous testing, performing thousands of hours of real-life use to give you a reliable, ultra-powerful clean
- THREE BRUSH TYPES. ONE POWERFUL CLEAN: Tri-Brush System combines side brushes, channel brushes, and a multi-surface brushroll to handle debris on all surfaces
- COMPLETELY INTEGRATED IN YOUR HOME: Shark ION Robot senses ledges and stairs, avoids damaging furniture and walls, and maneuvers around potential stuck situations, truly knowing your home
- CLEAN FROM YOUR PHONE: SharkClean app lets you start and stop cleaning and schedule your robot to clean whenever you want
- EASY VOICE CONTROL: Use Alexa or Google Assistant to easily make the robot clean at your command in your connected home
- 120 MINUTE RUNTIME: Whole-home, floor-to-carpet cleaning for up to 2 hours
Every BISSELL purchase saves pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets. The SpinWave offers a two-tank cleaning system and a powerful vacuum and mop for your floors. The Lithium-Ion battery provides an amazing maximum of 130 minutes of run time on hard floors in low mode and recharges in only 4-5 hours. This cordless rechargeable vacuum is powerful. In Dry Cleaning Mode, the unique Triple Action Cleaning System utilizes dual spinning edge brushes, a rotating brush roll and powerful suction with up to 1500 Pa to clean debris on carpet and hard surfaces. You can actively mop thanks to the rotating mop pads that let you scrub and clean floors including wood, tile, linoleum, and other sealed hard floors. The Soft Surface Avoidance Sensor automatically avoids carpets and area rugs while mopping and the specially formulated solution to restore your floors’ natural shine. Use with the BISSELL Connect App. Connect and control your robot from anywhere.
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Two Tank Cleaning System. Powerfully vacuum or actively mop your floors.
- Lithium Ion Battery. Provides up to 130 minutes of run time on hard floors in low mode and recharges in 4-5 hours. Power Source: Cordless Rechargeable
- Powerfully Vacuum. In Dry Cleaning Mode, Triple Action Cleaning System utilizes dual spinning edge brushes, a rotating brush roll and powerful suction with up to 1500 Pa to clean debris on carpet and hard surfaces.
- Actively Mop. Rotating mop pads scrub and clean floors including wood, tile, linoleum, and other sealed hard floors.
Robot Vacuum, Bagotte Upgraded 2000Pa Strong Suction Robotic Vacuum(Slim), Boost Intellect, Super Quiet, Smart Self-Charging Robot Vacuum Cleaners
This handy little machine has an upgraded 2000Pa intense suction that easily picks up debris, crumbs and pet hairs from floor and carpet. This cleaner provides strong suction with a cleaning volume of 55dB, without disruption. The 2.7in super slim robot vacuum glides under and around beds, sofas and other furniture for thorough cleaning. The robot vacuum cleaner supports wet-dry mopping functions and you can additionally purchase the 300ML water tank to achieve the Ultra 3-in-1 function, getting your floors gleaming with a quick mop.
This robot vacuum automatically increases the suction power within seconds when carpet is detected, providing a much deeper cleaning. The super climbing ability of this machine makes this robotic vacuum cleaner move effortlessly from floor to rug. This version is much smarter than it ever was. A variety of optional cleaning modes and a pre-set vacuuming time ensuring an effortless cleaning while you do other things. Use the included boundary strips to form a vacuuming zone, only vacuum the areas you want.
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Upgraded 2000Pa intense suction easily pick up debris, crumbs and pet hairs from floor and carpet. Strong suction with a cleaning volume of 55dB, without disruption. The 2.7in super slim robot vacuum glides under and around bed, sofa and other furniture for thoroughly cleaning.
- SWEEP & MOP & VACUUM: The robot vacuum cleaner supports wet-dry mopping function. You can additionally purchase the 300ML water tank to achieve the Ultra 3-in-1 function, getting your floors gleaming with a quick mop.
- BOOST-INTELLECT TECHNOLOGY: Automatically increase suction power within seconds when the carpet is detected for deeper cleaning. With super climbing ability that makes the robotic vacuum cleaner move effortlessly from floor to rug, much smarter than ever.
- EFFICIENT CLEANING MODES: A variety of optional cleaning modes and a pre-set vacuuming time ensuring an effortless cleaning while you do other things. Use the included boundary strips to form a vacuuming zone, only vacuum the areas you want. 2600mAh large capacity battery supports carefree cleaning of big house and multi-room.
- SMART NAVIGATION SYSTEM: Multiple types of sensors combined to detect cliffs, avoid collisions, and minimize the likelihood of getting stuck. Tempered glass-top cover and bumper also provide strong guarantee for the robotic vacuum. Automatic return to charge, ready to clean at any time.
The Roborock has a revamped drivetrain and ultra-Precise Laser Navigation, as used in autonomous cars, that makes it harder to trap robot vacuums, even in complex environments like your home. Comprehensive app control, including map saving, no-go zones, and power setting, gives you total control of this amazing cleaning machine no matter where you are. The intense 2000pa Suction, which is enough to lift AA batteries, makes easy work of floors and can even drag trapped dirt from deep inside carpets. The supersized 5200mAh LiPo battery provides over 180 minutes of non-stop cleaning and is definitely more than enough to clean most homes in one session. It precisely maps an entire level of your home and has the ability to recognize up to four levels in your home. Just put this robot vacuum on the floor you need cleaned, press the clean button, and it will figure out where it is and automatically apply any No-Go Zones and Invisible Wall you have in place. Easy cleaning to fit your busy schedule.
- Revamped drivetrain and ultra-Precise Laser Navigation, as used in autonomous cars, makes it harder to trap robot vacuum, even in complex environments.
- Comprehensive app control, including map saving, no-go zones, and power setting, give you total control of robot vacuum no matter where you are.
- Intense 2000pa Suction, enough to lift AA batteries, easily picks dust off floors and can even drag trapped dirt from deep inside carpets.
- Supersized 5200mAh LiPo battery, good for over 180 minutes of non-stop cleaning, is more than enough to clean most homes in one session.
- It precisely maps an entire level of your home and can recognize up to 4-levels. Put it on the floor you need, press the Clean button, and it will figure out where it is and automatically apply any No-Go Zones and Invisible Wall you have in place.
The ECOVAC DEEBOT 50 is ready for any mess and comes equipped with two side brushes and a main brush. The DEEBOT will sweep, lift, and vacuum to clean an entire floor in auto mode, a small area in spot mode, or the edge of your floor with edge mode. This robot vacuum works with your Alexa device & Google Assistant voice commands. The ECOVACS Smart App comes with five+ advanced features including direct control, scheduling, status updates, cleaning modes, accessories status, and more! Increase suction power by up to 2X for particularly stubborn messes. The ECOVACS DEEBOT comes with longer battery life for even more cleaning with up to 110 minutes of run time. The auto-return & charging features means your robot will always be ready to clean. A large dustbin ensures DEEBOT is able to clean large homes and is great for pet hair.
- READY FOR ANY MESS: Equipped with 2 side brushes and a main brush, DEEBOT will sweep, lift, and vacuum to clean an entire floor (Auto mode), a small area (Spot mode), or the edge of your floor (Edge mode)
- VOICE & APP CONTROLS: Works with Alexa & Google Assistant voice commands. ECOVACS Smart App comes with 5 plus advanced features including direct control, scheduling, status updates, cleaning modes, accessories status, etc.
- MAX MODE POWER: Increase suction power by up to 2X for particularly troublesome messes. Noise Level (dB.)(Standard/ Max, Intensive) - 65.6. Dust Bin Capacity (ml) - 520
- UP TO 110 MINUTE RUNTIME: A longer battery life for even more cleaning. Auto-return & charging means your robot will always be ready to clean
- BASIC FEATURES: Includes anti-drop & anti-collision sensors, auto-return charging, automatic software update, durable protective bumpers, high-efficiency filter, anti-scratch finish, a large easy-to-empty dustbin, large wheels for climbing thresholds, etc.
All-New RoboVac has been re-engineered to be the slimmest RoboVac at a miniscule 2.85”. This neat little machine is quiet and offers increased suction power at 1300Pa. The BoostIQ Technology automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean. The Eufy provides one of the quietest cleans for up to 100 minutes on hardwood floors with consistent, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave. The Eufy automatically recharges so it’s always ready to clean.
- Included in the “Best robot vacuums of 2019” by Tom’s Guide.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2.85'') but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** on hardwood floors with consistent, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Automatically recharges so it's always ready to clean.
The Uoni One-Stop robot vacuum cleaner provides you with 30-days of managed cleaning service. When the robot finishes cleaning, it simply heads back to the charging base, automatically cleaning the dust box with the help of the high-power dust collection function. Just replace the bag when it is full! Don’t worry about remembering though as an orange light will flash rapidly to remind you to replace the bag.
You can easily control your automatic vacuum cleaner robot by just opening your mouth as the Uoni works with voice control devices like Alexa & Google Assistant. You can also clean your home simply by using the Uoni Robot APP, remote control or just push the power button the robot machine. This robot vacuum mop has Lidar mapping technology and can restore your house model as accurately as possible, detect fixed objects, analyze dynamic obstacles, and quickly make predictions and avoid them. The Uoni Robot APP will update the map at real-time so the robot vacuum will clean your home according to the room or the order of your instructions like a human.
- 【Self Emptying Robot Vacuum- Free Your Hands】Uoni One-stop robot vacuum cleaner provide you 30-days managed cleaning service. When the robot finish the cleaning, it will back to charging base, and the dust box will be automatically cleaned up with the help of the high-power dust collection function. Then you just need to replace the dust bag when it is full. Tips: the orange light will flash rapidly to remind you to replace.
- 【Voice Control- Smart Life】Provide you a comfortable & smart life, you can easily control your automatic vacuum cleaner robot by just opening your mouth. Uoni works with voice control devices of Alexa & Google Assistant, you are able to start cleaning with your voice. And also you could cleaning your home simply by using Uoni Robot APP, remote control or just push the button of the robot.
- 【Real Time Mapping Technology】Robot vacuum mop with Lidar mapping technology, it can restore your house model as accurately as possible, detect fixed objects, analyze dynamic obstacles, and quickly make predictions and avoid them. 25 advanced sensors and lidar allow Uoni robot cleaner to navigate under & around furniture, & along edges. Cliff sensors detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- 【Custom Cleaning- Personalized APP】Uoni Robot APP will update the map at real-time that the robot vacuums will clean your home according to the room or the order of your instructions like a human. The App will convenient for you to intelligently manage your cleaning plan like adding virtual walls and No-go zones, setting cleaning time schedules, zone cleaning and “find” your robot.
- 【System cleaning- Multiple Mode】Uoni robotic vacuums perfectly cleaning the dust, pet hair, debris, and even rice and soybeans in the hard floor, carpets and the wall side & corners with the design of double-sided brushes, main rolling brush and strong 2700pa suction power. The higher power suction will provide the greater cleaning power.
This K2 robotic vacuum cleaner is great for your daily home clean. This smart vacuum robot cleaner supports four clean modes including: auto clean, spot clean, wall follow clean, and manual clean. Freely switch between different modes and power levels with the easy-to-use app. The K2 robot vacuum comes equipped with an 1800 mAh lithium iron phosphate battery that gives the OKP Life K2 a long battery life and up to 100 mins run time in low suction running mode. The K2 robotic vacuum cleaner will go back to the charging base automatically when it runs out of battery or finishes vacuuming. Easily create a cleaning schedule, change the clean mode, and control the clean direction by using the OKP app. The auto vacuum cleaner robot is also compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, allowing users make the robot start and stop cleaning by voice commands. Use robots to save you time and energy!
- 👩🏻🔬This K2 robotic vacuum cleaner is for your daily home clean.
- 🤔Why OKP K2 no suction:Please make sure the robot is in HIGH running working mode,you could check out via app or press the + button of the remote.
- 🧠4 Clean Modes Cater to Your Needs:Smart Vacuum Robot Cleaner supports 4 clean modes including ➊Auto clean➋Spot clean ➌Wall Follow clean ➍Manual clean.Freely switch between different modes and power levels as you want via app.
- ♻Long Battery Life & Self-charging:K2 robot vacuum equipped 1800 mAh lithium iron phosphate batteries make the robot vacuum cleaner a long battery life and up to 100Mins run time(Low suction running mode). The K2 robotic vacuum cleaner will go back to the charging base automatically when run out of battery or finish vacuuming.
- 💡Smart App & Easy Control:You can easily create a home clean schedule, change the clean mode, and control the clean direction by using the OKP app. The auto vacuum cleaner robot is also compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant, allowing users make the robot start and stop the clean by voice commands. Use robots to save you time and energy!
Are robot vacuums better for hardwood floors or carpet?
We have to say that most robot vacuums actually perform better on hardwood floors than on carpet. All robot vacuums have a main suction system and side brushes that push dirt into the line of suction. Not all of them have impressive brush rolls, though, which are a necessity for cleaning carpets so do your research and look for one with brush rolls that will provide the type of clean you need. Sucking up pet or human hair is easier for robot vacuums on hard flooring because on carpet, the vacuums have to really be able to dig deep and pull up hair embedded in the fibers. On hardwood floors, the hair is just sitting on the surface, ready to be pulled in by the suction from a robot vacuum.
Hardwood floors require less work from a robot vacuum and they can easily do an efficient job cleaning. If you have both carpet and hard flooring, most robot vacuums automatically adjust between floor types, lowering or raising to get the closest clean possible.
Benefits of owing a robot vacuum
Robot vacuums are super easy to use and to operate. They provide hands fee operation and are low maintenance while allowing you to program your cleaning schedule, thereby saving you time and energy. Most robot vacuums come with Wi-Fi connectivity and work with your Alexa devices and Google Assistant voice commands. They can easily handle tight spaces and allow you to set virtual room boundaries for perfect cleaning.
Do robot vacuums scratch hardwood floors?
Robot vacuums themselves are designed to work on hardwood floors without scratching surfaces and clean hardwood floor perfectly. They have rubber wheels and gentle rubber brushes that pull in dirt without ripping up your floors.
It is possible to get floor scratching if an abrasive piece of sand, glass, rock, etc. gets caught under the wheel and drags throughout the house. While this is pretty uncommon, in order to be safe, make sure your floors are clear of any large, sharp debris before running the robot vacuum.
Should you use a robot vacuum or robot mop on hardwood floors?
If you’re only focusing on hardwood floors, you don’t have to get a robot vacuum with a ton of fancy extra features. You can go to town with all the features you want but you don’t need all the bells and whistles if you are just focussing on hardwood floors.
Both robot vacuums and robot mops are valid choices for cleaning your hardwood floors, and work in perfect conjunction with each other to give you the best clean you can get. A robot vacuum will sweep up any loose dirt, dust, and debris, while a robot mop can come through and scrub up caked-on dirt to really make your floors sparkle.
There are some robot vacuums that have both vacuuming and mopping functions. If you want both features, we definitely suggest going for one of the hybrid models to save space as you don’t need to separate machines when they make multipurpose machines that are quite capable of giving you the best clean for your dollar.
What about hard floors that aren’t wood?
Tile, laminate floors, and any other kind of hard flooring that isn’t hardwood can get the same treatment as wood floors. Robot vacuums that work well on hardwood floors will also do a good job on any of these type of floor surfaces.
Before you buy, you need to determine what your needs are, and how much you’re willing to spend. There are a wide variety of robot vacuums available, depending on your price range. Things you’ll want to consider when looking for a robot vacuum include:
- How much you’re willing to spend.
- The size of the space you want to clean.
- If you need a vacuum to clean up pet hair.
- If you want to control the vacuum using your smartphone.
Generally, robot vacuums fall into two tiers: Budget, non-smart models that cost around $200 and less, and smarter models that cost around $400 and up. While they can be effective cleaners, budget models aren’t as sophisticated, and generally bump around a room in a chaotic, random pattern until everything is clean. Because of this, they can take upwards of an hour to clean a 15 x 15-foot room.
Pricier robot vacuums will have more sensors, which they can use to map a room and clean it more efficiently. Some of the best robot vacuums on the market can clean a room in as little at ten minutes. These vacuums also come with a ton of additional features, such as smartphone control, Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, and the ability to clean individual rooms with Lidar or Smart Mapping. With a little research and time, you can find the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors that will meet all your cleaning needs.