A clean and fresh home is what we all want, and steam floor cleaners are the perfect way of achieving that result. The effort of cleaning and mopping floors can halt many of us in our tracks, but steam mops make life infinitely easier. We have curated a list of the best steam cleaners for floors in 2022 so far, all here in one place for you to check out.
What We Considered to Select The Best Floor Steam Cleaners
We looked at efficiency, price and accessories in our top 10 list. Some mops are for specialized surfaces, some use chemicals to clean while others use distilled water. We found that both types are extremely efficient at removing dirt and grime.
You might have to shop around for your perfect price range, but there is a multitude to choose from, and many affordable options too.
Different accessories extend your mops’ function from being a mere floor cleaner to being an all-round sanitizer.
Whatever capability you require, you might just find it down below.
The 10 Best Floor Steam Cleaner’s Review
BISSELL PowerFresh Slim Handheld Steamer
A very impressive cleaning tool, this BISSELL steam mop offers a 99.9% elimination rate of germs and bacteria without the use of chemicals. Environmentally friendly, the BISSELL PowerFresh comes with a 25ft power cord, which enables you to reach all those out-of-the-way places in your home where the dust bunnies and grime congregate. A 2-in-1 combo of steam cleaner and mop, this handheld steam cleaner also contains a storage kit of tools for cleaning grouting, angled tools for tough to reach spots, a bristled scrubber and a flat scraper. These are neatly carried onboard your BISSELL PowerFresh, so you can access them at any time. An extension tube allows the mop tools to be attached for easy cleaning. All of the tools can either be attached at the end of the handheld steamer or the extension tube. The mop pads and clothing steamer tool are particularly handy, allowing instant steam cleaning to hard floors and upholstery alike. A truly pleasant and well-priced floor steamer.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets..Power source type: Corded
- Powerful handheld steam cleaner and steam mop in one
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; eliminate 99. 9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Superior clean above floors with the extension tube and extra-long 25 ft power cord to reach those difficult areas in your home
- On board storage kit allows you to carry tools while you steam clean - grout tool, angle tool, flat scrapper tool, bristle scrub brush
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
Without the above option of hand steamer, this BISSELL steam cleaner is by no means lacking in effectiveness. Swivel steering and a 23ft cable allow for a broad range of motion and its Easy Scrubber option eradicates sticky messes with one easy flip! This BISSELL floor cleaner doesn’t use harsh chemicals, making it health friendly. It comes with a small collection of accessories and tools: a microfiber soft pad and a microfiber scrub pad, two fragrance disks and even a carpet glider. This is the perfect alternative to the conventional, messy mop. It’s also the best steam cleaners for tile floors.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider. Power rating: 1500 watts. Power Source: Corded
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
This is a heavy duty steam cleaner with a big capacity. You can use this to degrease surfaces and even deodorize spaces. A commercial grade cleaner, the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner comes with a 6ft hose and extension handles, allowing for a very broad reach. Its water tank offers up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill. You can also attach any towel or cloth to the hose as fits your specific requirements, which saves you continually having to buy expensive pads. The Dupray steam cleaner can reach temperatures up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit which makes for an intense and deep clean ability. You can use tap water or distilled water, though distilled is suggested in order to lengthen your steam cleaner’s life span.
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose steamer for home, cars and more.
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or cloth, no need for expensive special pads!
- 2-year Limited Warranty / Lifetime Warranty on steam cleaner boiler.
Shark Handheld Steam Pocket Mop
An affordable and light steam mop, the Shark Steam Pocket Mop won’t break the bank and is easy to use. With swivel steering and 99.9% sanitization, this Shark steam cleaner offers a simple solution to regular mopping. A manual pump handle releases the steam as you mop and the mop head can flip so that you can switch sides easily as you go, cleaning twice the normal range of area. The reusable pads are machine washable and should be air dried to avert any shrinkage. This is a mop for those who wish to access steam technology without any of the frills of extra accessories.
- Product Note: If your steam pader is plugged in, steam should appear in the edges of the mob after about 30 secs. If your not seeing steam, unplug it before adding water and make sure the ater level is maximum. Once you have checked the water level, make sure the blue light is on. Pump the handle few times in downward motion
Hoover Twin Tank Steam Cleaner
This Hoover steam cleaner has a two-tank option, allowing you to choose between distilled water steam, or a Hoover Multi-Purpose Disinfectant option. The triangular swivel head slides easily into those pesky tight corners and along the baseboards, deep cleaning those areas nicely and simply. Use on your carpets as a carpet steam cleaner or on your tiles and hardwood floors. This nifty steam mop comes with a 30ft long power cord which allows for longer cleaning time before you have to re-plug. This is a good buy with some great reviews.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
McCulloch Canister Steam Cleaner
This is the big boy of steam cleaners and comes with a whopping 20 accessories! This McCulloch MC1375 steam cleaner makes for a great grout steam cleaner and even effectively eradicates germs and grime from granite, sealed wooden floors and even grills and laminate! The 48-ounce water tank delivers up to 90 minutes of steam, blasting through grime and dirt with its variable steam control options. With an 18ft cable and a 10ft steam hose, this McCulloch steamer can easily reach awkward to get to areas for that deep cleanse. Warrantied for use in the USA only, this machine will blow away your mopping problems with its array of accessories. From mop pads to a squeegee and even a brass brush, when you choose McCulloch, you know you are getting a quality product.
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more..Watts:1500. Volts:120V
- 20 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, angled nozzle, scrub pad, scraper, squeegee, and more.
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 12 minutes and provides up to 90 minutes of steam. Blast away dirt and grime with on-demand variable steam control, optional steam lock for continuous steam, and 58 PSI steam pressure.
- GREATER REACH — Extra-long 18-foot power cord and 10-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a McCulloch product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
PurSteam 10-in-1 Steam Mop
An affordable and extremely lightweight steamer, the PurSTeam 10-in-1 Steam Mop goes beyond the normal floor steamer. From scrubbing grout to washing windows, its wide mop cleans large surface area and its handheld option reaches into crevices and corners with ease. If you want to clean mirrors or even steam your clothes, this is the steamer for you. It is versatile and child and pet friendly, offering a 99.9% sanitation rate with natural super-heated steam. It is the best steam mop for tile, as well as a mop for hardwood floors and comes with a 2-year warrantee. A great all-rounder for those who want one machine for all their steaming requirements.
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean the whole house more quickly and easily, making it cleaner and fresher than ever! Clean a lot more than floors with the built-in handheld steam cleaner, or use the flexible hose to put the cleaning power of steam in the palm of your hand. Works great as floor Steam Mop, Carpet Cleaner, steam cleaner, handheld garment steamer window, mirror & glass cleaner & much more.
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors looking new and really clean. Comes with special surface scrubber, providing versatile cleaning from Top to Bottom. Ideal for Glass, Sealed Stone, Stainless Steel, and Sealed Tile/Grout.
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's especially important when you're trying to preserve your hardwood floors finish. The steam cleaner’s 380 ml (12.8 oz) reservoir provides around 25 minutes of steam at the lowest setting and about 12 minutes of steam at the maximum steam setting. One real bonus is that it uses tap water alone to steam off dirt, eliminating the need to buy pricey detergent.
- Multifunctional Household Tool - Safe to use on any surface you want to clean: hardwood floors, vinyl, tiles, marble, ceramic & porcelain tiles. Not only that, but you can also clean anything around the house with our built-in handheld steam cleaner. Just install the attachment you need and let the steam do all the work for you!
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop
With a detachable handheld steamer at the ready, the LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop comes a High, Medium and Low settings for various surfaces. The handheld option can be used to clean your upholstery or steam wrinkled clothes while the full version is great at removing stains and grime with only a 30 second heat up time! The Smart Switch option ensures that if you place your mop upright, it automatically switches the steam off to save your floors. If you want to activate the steam again, merely angle it back down again and glide to activate the steam. It also makes a great upholstery steam cleaner with its cylinder towel. The 20ft cord will ensure that you don’t get tangled up while spring cleaning your house to perfection. A high quality product that packs a punch.
- On-demand HI, MED and LOW steam settings fit for various floors surface: marble, tile, grout, ceramic, stone, vinyl, laminate, and sealed wood flooring.
- Detaches into a separate handheld steam cleaner for multi-purpose cleaning: garment wrinkle remover, upholstery refresher, bathroom/kitchen deep cleaning.
- Smart Switch: Place it upright to cease steam, sparing your time to answer calls while protecting your hardfloor. Slant and glide to release powerful steam.
- Utilizes 212°F hot steam to remove stains and sticky mess while drying quickly. Work with distilled or tap water, great for all homes with pets and babies.
- Ideal for Child/Pets/Yoga Lovers: Only use tap water, no need of harsh chemicals.
BISSELL PowerFresh All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop
This machine delivers the option of vacuuming and steaming your floor at the same time. With the selection to either vacuum or steam or have both running at the same time, the BISSELL All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop is a simple choice for a simple task. Including only (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrub pad, and a detachable mop tray less is definitely more with this steam mop for floors.
- Vacuum and steam your hard floors at the same time.
- Sanitize floors using the natural power of steam, eliminating 99. 9% of germs and bacteria.
- Easy Touch Digital Controls to switch between vacuum, steam or both.
- Powerful, cyclonic vacuum helps capture dirt and debris.
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad and a detachable mop pad tray.
BISSELL Symphony Pet Steam Mop
Gone are the days of scooping up your pet’s messes by hand. The BISSELL Pet Steam Mop has disposable pads for the days when your pets leave you THOSE surprises and a Drop-It-Tank so that you don’t have to get your hands dirty. This steam mop is easy to use, with a Cyclonic Vacuum option that sucks up all that pesky pet hair with ease. A great choice for pet owners, BISSELL also donates to and supports the BISSELL Pet Foundation for the saving of homeless pets, a worthy cause.
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets
- Vacuum And Steam Your Floors At The Same Time
- Drop-It Tank Emptying System Which Prevents You From Getting Your Hands Dirty
- includes Disposable Pads For Those Pet Messes You'd Rather Throw Away And Washable Microfiber Pads For Everyday Cleaning
- Powerful, Cyclonic Vacuum Helps Capture Pet Hair And Debris.
How Does A Steam Mop Work?
Having listed all these steam mops it is easy to see why they are a better option for floor cleaning than conventional mops. Water added to an internal boiler inside the mop produces the steam necessary for loosening all that horrible dirt that a conventional mop can’t quite scrub off. The steaming and wiping action sanitizes the floor and aids in quick drying, whereas the normal mop often just spreads the dirt around with the water.
Benefits of a Steam Mop
No more kneeling down and scrubbing away at those tough stains and encrusted dirt, a steam mop easily melts it all away for you. The fact that most of a steam mop’s cleaning can be achieved merely through the use of water for steam makes it a highly efficient form of sanitation with little or no negative environmental impact. The removal of germs and bacteria without doing damage to your floor or family is a huge bonus. A deeper clean and an easier cleaning regimen are enticing reasons to buy yourself a steam mop today!
What To Look For When Buying Steam Floor Cleaners
Deciding on what you need is paramount when choosing a steam mop. If you are mainly concerned with cleaning hardwood or tiled floors, then a simpler mop with adjustable steam levels will do the trick. If, however, you want an all-in-one option, then a steam mop with more accessories and tools would be greater.
Always look at maintenance and use.
Is your mop easy to clean, does it handle well, is the battery life a good length? Some require distilled water while others insist they can run on tap water.
You also want to look at weight. You want a mop that is easy to handle even with a full tank of water, light to use and responds with nice mobility. Power cord length is also important because that will determine how far you can mop without having to re-plug your steamer into another outlet. So always check for good cable length.
Mop head shape will also determine what kind of nooks and crannies you can get to with your steamer.
Lastly, you should look at water capacity and the steaming options. How big the water tank is will determine how long you can steam for. If you don’t have a lot of surface area to cover, then this might not bother you. Steam control is important when cleaning surfaces where excessive steam might do some damage, like hardwood and laminate flooring. Check the steam mop for steam control settings to ensure that you get the best option for your floors.
I have already written another article – How to choose the best steam cleaner for your tiled floor. You can read that post to know more details about selecting the right product.
Tips and Tricks
Never use a steam mop or any vapor steam cleaner on unsealed floors. If you do this could cause your wood to crack and in some instances, even possibly warp. If you’re not sure that your wooden floors are sealed, leave a few water droplets on the floor. If they are still there after about 5 minutes then your floor is sealed and you can proceed to mopping.
Give your floor a quick vacuum before using the steam mop to ensure that all those surface particles are gone.
Use distilled water if your water source is heavy in mineral deposits.
Always empty the water tank after cleaning and remove and wash the mop pads to ensure no mold or mildew growth.
- Can I use a steam mop on any flooring?
Always check your steam mop’s manual before use, though most can operate on any hard surface and sealed flooring.
- Can I reuse my mop’s cleaning pads?
Most steam mops come with reusable pads. These need to be cleaned regularly though and most can be machine washed. Wash on a delicate cycle. And once again, check the owner’s manual before doing so.
- Are steam mops expensive?
They can range from $35 to over $200 but a good, durable steam mop will be somewhere in the middle.
- Does a steam mop need a lot of maintenance?
The water tank can become encrusted with mineral buildup if you fill it with tap water. SO wipe down the tank after every use and also clean the steam nozzle from time to time to get rid of any build up there too.
In conclusion, Steam floor cleaners are an environmentally friendly way of thoroughly sanitizing your home with ease and great benefit to you and your family.