It is important to know what the best and top rated canister vacuums are in the market, and this list will tell you exactly that. Getting the best canister vacuum cleaner can help expedite the cleaning process as they are lightweight, manoeuvrable, and simple to transport. The easy-shifting allows for cleaning to be quick, without losing any of the quality. Most models also transition between different floor types without any hassle, an asset when compared to brooms or other cleaning utilities. The ease with which one can move to different floors in households also proves the value of canister vacuums when compared with the more traditional upright vacuum cleaners that have been slowly edged out of popularity
Should you get a canister vacuum? Let’s figure that out. While upright vacuums definitely still have their uses, it may very well be time to shift to canister vacuums to better suit the current needs that you may be facing.
Are Upright or Canister Vacuums Better for Your Needs?
Pros of upright vacuum cleaners:
⦁ Typically cheaper than canister vacuums.
⦁ Steadier control when transitioning between floor surfaces.
⦁ No hunching over or need to carry, so easier on the back.
⦁ Better storage options as they stand on their own.
⦁ No need to set it up as they typically have fewer extra attachments.
Cons of upright vacuum cleaners:
⦁ Tend to be louder and heavier than canister vacuums.
⦁ Difficult to move up and down stairs, or outside to clean out vehicles.
Pros of canister vacuum cleaners:
⦁ Canister vacuums tend to have a more powerful suction than upright vacuum cleaners.
⦁ They are lightweight, meaning easier transport up and down stairs.
⦁ They make it easier to access different parts of the household, including shelves and fans. They are able to be lifted in addition to the long nozzles, allowing for cleaning in a variety of places.
⦁ They are fairly quiet, perfect for a situation in which you do not want to disturb neighbours.
⦁ The multitude of attachments mean that the vacuum can be outfitted for many various occasions.
Cons of canister vacuum cleaners:
⦁ There is set up needed before use much of the time, delaying the process before cleaning can happen.
⦁ While the small size means the vacuums won’t take up much space, the fact it doesn’t stand on its own can make storage a bit awkward at times.
⦁ You need to be careful about using the vacuum as it can run into walls or furniture accidentally when handled carelessly, leaving marks behind.
Some of the issues with canister vacuums can be resolved. For example, the extensions and attachments that are typically included can help combat the short stature so that it can reach into corners and access tight spaces. It combines the ease of movement with accessibility.
With newer canister vacuums providing the same suction power, if not even better, than upright vacuums, nothing is lost in the cleaning ability despite the smaller size.
List Of the 12 Best & top rated Canister Vacuums in 2022
The Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Lotus White, Sucks – In A Good Way!
The Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum is one of the best on the market, preferred by most cleaning experts & companies. The brand is very dependable and comes through again on the Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum. The combination floorhead allows for cleaning on both carpeted surfaces as well as hardwood surfaces. The six different suction powers also allow for an adaptable, all-encompassing cleaning experience.
The three-tiered filtration system is unique to this brand and guarantees that dirt and small particles do not escape when moving the vacuum around. There are also many accessories to adapt to your needs even further. There is a warranty on the motor, further guaranteeing that the purchase is worth the somewhat pricy cost.
- POWERFUL & LIGHTWEIGHT: Bagged canister vacuum cleaner ideal for homes with hard floors and low pile carpeting Compact body style for easy storage
- STRONG SUCTION POWER: Switch between 6 suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned
- MAXIMUM MANEUVERABILITY: Vacuum easily around and underneath furniture, or use the clipped on accessories to clean upholstery or hard to reach places
- AIRCLEAN SYSTEM: Miele's unique 3-tiered filtration system consists of a genuine Miele FilterBag, Motor Protection Filter and AirClean Exhaust Filter. The room air is cleaner after vacuuming than before
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: SBD 365-3 Combination Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool and Upholstery Tool
The Eureka Mighty Mite Is Mighty Bright In Bold Yellow
The Eureka Mighty Mite is a great option for those with pets as it is sized with collecting such hair in mind. The capacity of the cup is larger than others, with a 2.5 litre capacity. This enables a longer stint of cleaning, convenient for those with shedders.
Also convenient is the blower port that allows for dust to be moved from tough-to-reach places for a much simpler clean-up. The amp canister is merely ten pounds, so moving it is easy. The vacuum is also well-equipped to clean cars and other motor vehicles, revealing its multi-purpose uses. The controls are intuitive (seeing as they are on the power-touch handles), and the attachments help to tackle even more difficult messes, particularly on hard floor surfaces.
- Dust cup capacity - 2.5 liters. Ideal for quick and efficient cleaning
- Convenient for home and auto
- Includes blower port
- Lightweight 10 amp canister vacuum safely and completely cleans bare-floor surfaces
- Power-touch handles with easy-to-use fingertip controls; Deluxe floor brush; Bare-floor nozzle
Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor Canister Vacuum
The Dyson Big Ball Multi-Floor Canister Vacuum includes a powerhead to give the best clean available. It has some aspects that an upright vacuum does, as it stands somewhat upright on its own and will even right itself when it falls down to contain any mess that might’ve otherwise happened. The canister that the dirt is contained in is hygienic, meaning that it can drive out dust without the need to come in contact with the debris.
The vacuum comes with a carbon fibre turbine head, designed to pick up the fine dust that lays around the house. It also has fibre bristles to go after ground-in dirt. The ball in the centre of the vacuum allows it to turn on a dime and move easily around corners.
- Capacity (volume) - .47 gallon. Self-rights when toppled - other vacuums fall down and stay down. Only Dyson big Ball canister vacuums pick themselves up , Cord Length - 21 feet
- HYGIENIC dirt ejector - Drives Out trapped dust and debris as you empty. No need to touch the dirt; Suction Power: 250 AW
- Carbon fiber turbine head - carbon fiber filaments pick up Fine dust. Stiff nylon bristles remove ground-in dirt. Filtration : No pre-filter, non-washable lifetime post-motor filter
- Ball technology - core Components are housed within the Ball, allowing the vacuum to turn on the spot and follow you effortlessly around the home, without awkward moves
- 5 year Warranty - parts and labor. Brush Bristle Type: Plastic. Hose Length:10 feet
The Bissell Zing
As with all BISSELL products, the proceeds are going towards a good cause so the product not only gives a good cleaning experience but provides a good conscience as well. The vacuum comes with a dirt cup with a two-litre capacity. It also has a telescoping wand and automatic cord rewind to assist in any cleaning experience. For even greater assistance, there is an indicator for when the container is filling up to remind when to dump the contents.
The various options in attachments along with different modes means that it is a very adaptable utility. With a simple flip of a switch, the vacuum can go from hardwood floors to carpet without losing any quality in the suction ability. It can also work very well on rugs, tackling engrained dirt well.
You Dirty Little Dirt Devil Tattoo Crimson Bouquet Bagged Canister Vacuum
The Dirt Devil Canister Vacuum is especially useful on hardwood floors, though it works well on all kinds. The unique design is a distinguishing feature. The fact that it uses bags to hold the debris means that disposal is a breeze.
With a nozzle that is eleven inches long, the reach of this vacuum is fairly extensive. It works with the twenty-foot cord to grant access to all areas of the house. The cord automatically rewinds itself too, great for an easier time when putting it away after the hard work is done. The attachments that are included further ease the way in the cleaning experience. It is also a very reasonably priced utility, another bonus, especially considering all that is received in return.
- Extension Wand
- 11-Inch Nozzle
- 10 Amps
- Automatic Cord Rewind. Included Accessories: Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool
- 20 Foot Cord
The Kenmore Pet Friendly Lightweight Canister Vacuum Cleaner
As the other vacuums are, the Kenmore vacuum cleaner is very lightweight, coming in at just under twenty pounds. It is also one of the best canister vacuums for pet hair, designed to target the shedding so you can enjoy your time with your pets.
It is easy to navigate the cleaner around furniture and corners as it has swivel steering, a handy feature. The vacuum seemingly takes up a lot of space considering the 26’ cord and the attachments, however the cord can retract into itself providing a much easier storage experience. The various accessories that come with the product help customize the experience. One of the most notable additions is the Cleaning and Aluminium Wand which uses the two-motor system and has four height adjustments to allow for a great reach. It extends to 9.5 feet, perfect for high shelves and the tops of fan blades, especially as the handle is detachable.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND MANEUVERABLE: At less than 20 pounds, this lightweight design, with swivel steering, is easy to maneuver.Suction Power(Hose End) ≥210W. Vol./Amps 120v 12A.210.0 watts
- STORAGE & 3 ATTACHMENTS : 26' cord is retractable and all accessories attachments store neatly on the vacuum making it easy to store. Accessories include: brush, crevice tool, bare floor tool and 2pcs HEPA bags
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Designed to clean all areas and surfaces of your entire home, den, kitchen, car or garage quickly and efficiently
- POWERFUL CLEANING & ALUMINUM TELESCOPING WAND: 2-motor system excels in suction strength. 4 height adjustments provide optimal airflow and cleaning efficiency for any surface. Extendable lightweight wand lengthens to 9.5 feet of-reach to access difficult areas. Detachable handle is perfect for cleaning furniture, car interiors, and tight spaces
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter traps 99. 97% of stains, trapping dirt inside the vacuum
The Sanitaire Professional Compact Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Sanitaire is one of the smallest and most lightweight canister vacuum cleaners available, coming in at only ten pounds. While the smaller size means that it cannot pick up the same amount that the others can, it makes up for the lack of space with an increase in access. The small size means it is easy to move to all areas of the house, or even outside to use on your car. The twenty-foot cable length adds to the fact that the vacuum is able to easily move through all areas of the house.
The size is also perfect for smaller households as it will not take up much space when not in use. The vacuum is very reasonably priced, receiving a lot of bang for your buck with a relatively cheap price when compared to other canister vacuums.
- Commercial-rated, light-duty machines designed to provide the clean you need. Simplified. Streamlined. Built for your business — and your budget.
- Weighs only 10 lbs. , so it’s lightweight and comfortable to use.
- Includes four convenient tools for maximum versatility and multi-surface cleaning - two-piece plastic wand, combo bare floor and carpet tool, crevice tool and dusting brush.
- Country of origin: Mexico
Hoover Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Hoover Canister comes with many different nozzle options, providing for a very customized cleaning experience. That’s not the only thing that this vacuum provides, however. The Hoover Canister vacuum has an option to blow air out. While this seems counter-productive for a vacuum cleaner, it actually comes in very handy for disseminating dust and debris out of cracks and awkward spaces for an easy clean-up. This is not only a canister vacuum for hardwood floor either, but for upholstery, carpets, and other surfaces as well.
To create an easier carrying experience, this Hoover vacuum comes with a shoulder strap, which helps distribute the already-minimal weight. It also comes with many other accessories, including specialized nozzles for a variety of floor surfaces.
- ABOVE FLOOR CLEANING: Use the stretch hose to extend your cleaning reach into tight spaces vacuums cannot reach upright, easily cleaning above-floor and in-between for detailed cleaning.Voltage:120 volts
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing only 8 pounds, carry it by hand or over your shoulder, enabling easy maneuverability and helping to minimize downtime.
- BUILT-IN BLOWER: For jobs requiring forced air, built-in blower easy disseminates dust and debris.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Accessory pack with shoulder strap, 2 chrome wands, crevice tool, dusting brush, furniture nozzle, rug/floor nozzle, wall/floor brush, and cord storage strap.
BISSELL BigGreen Commercial Bagged Canister Vacuum
The BISSELL BigGreen is a canister vacuum with a bag, providing a relatively large amount of space for the dust and debris that will be picked up in the cleaning process. The bag also allows for an easy disposal option, though it may increase the price with the occasional need to replace it. This vacuum is best used for hard floor, upholstery, and carpet.
There are options between suction powers for this vacuum, so when a more thorough clean is needed, this vacuum provides. In addition to the options in suction, there are also floor tools to diversify the issues that this vacuum can tackle. The cord length is fifty feet, and the reach extends even further when considering the long telescoping wand that comes with the utility. The wand also assists with cleaning stairs, made easier by the lightweight aspect that means it is fairly simple to carry up and down while working.
- Choose between low and high suction power
- Combo floor tool allows you to control the brush height as you clean different floor types
- Long telescoping wand extends your cleaning reach
- Cord length: 50-feet
- Cleaning surface type: carpet, upholstery, bare floors, stairs, low pile carpet
Simplicity Handheld Canister Vacuum
The Simplicity Handheld Vacuum is only 4.5 pounds, making it one of the easiest to transport around the house while cleaning. To assist with the storage, the vacuum has inbuilt storage for the attachments. There is also a carrying strap so that you can move freely throughout the house without having to worry about dragging the vacuum and bumping into furniture or walls.
The vacuum also has a variety of suction options to suit the needs of the flooring and mess size. This allows the vacuum to work on floors that are laminate or bamboo, but tile and carpet as well. It can work on area rugs, and with its two wands can reach anywhere that may need to be vacuumed. There is an attachment that helps to remove odours and contaminants that are floating in the air while also cleaning the floor space. There is an added bonus too–this vacuum has a blower point that works to inflate items such as air mattresses and inflatable pools!
- PORTABLE LIGHTWEIGHT at just 4.5 pounds with a 25-foot cord, you’ll be amazed with your cleaning capabilities! This compact bagged canister makes a great travel vacuum; It comes equipped with built-in tool storage, carrying handle and a convenient carry strap that allows you to throw it over your shoulder and dominate!
- HARD FLOOR AND AREA RUG VACUUM the S100 is recommended for bare floors such as hardwood, laminate, bamboo, tile and vinyl; The nozzle is gentle and sports powerful and adjustable suction; Just flip the switch located on top of the floor nozzle, and the height is adjusted making it ideal for area rugs; Not one, but two wands are included for extended reach, making tackling ceiling fans simple; One-year warranty included
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED sitting right onboard, the S100 comes with a crevice tool, a dusting brush with super soft, natural bristles, an adjustable angle adapter and an upholstery tool; BUT WAIT! A seven-piece mini tool set is also included; These are recommended for car detailing and cleaning things like your stairs, dryer vent, desk and even your computer keyboard
- CHARCOAL FILTER captures odors and VOCs helping to reduce those yucky contaminants in the air as you suck up the dust in your house, apartment, vehicle, camper or RV
- BLOWER PORT as an added bonus, the S100 is equipped with a blower port making things like blowing up an air mattress or inflatable pool toys easier than ever! And hey — you can even use it on your deck to blow off those fall leaves!
Oreck Super-Deluxe Compact Canister Vacuum
This Oreck Super-Deluxe Compact Canister Vacuum is the lightest on the list, very useful when needing to move throughout the household. It is controlled by hand, so it is needed to be carted around, but as stated the lighter weight means it is easy to do so. Despite the small size, it can clean very well, particularly on hard floors and carpeted surfaces.
The various extenders do not limit the reach of this vacuum cleaner, and the suction power is not lost either. It can tackle the same messes as the other vacuums with just as much vigour, proving it’s of the same calibre. The dust bags that are used in this vacuum are hypo-allergenic, so if allergies are a problem it will help limit the allergens floating in the air, which makes it worth the continuous cost. The suction power allows it to work on floors as well as even fragile items such as chandeliers and computers.
- The perfect vacuum cleaner for hard-to-reach places like high ceilings, blinds, mantels and recessed lighting. You can carry it, or wear it over your shoulder.
- Strong enough to pick up a 16-lb. Bowling Ball.
- Uses Oreck sanitary hypo-allergenic disposable dust bags. Not a dust cup.
- Comes with a complete set of attachments designed to clean everything from computers to chandeliers.
Green Bagless Bissel Zing Vacuum
The Green Bissel Zing Canister Vacuums are bagless, meaning it is simple to just dump the mess, and there is no recurring cost of purchasing bags. The dirt cup can hold up to two litres worth of dust and debris and can be cleaned with warm water when necessary.
This vacuum cleaner can transition between floor types with a flip of a switch, so there is no slowing down during the process. With several types of filters, finer particles and debris are caught, keeping them from floating in the air. These filters are also washable, ensuring a continuously clean experience. The vacuum also has a handle to create and easier carrying experience.
- Dirt cup capacity 2 liters; Cyclonic action and powerful suction provide thorough cleaning; Plus, no more bags to buy or change ever.Amperage : 9 amps
- Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch. Power rating : 9 ampere
- Dirt cup filters and post motor filter help capture more fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable, Dirt and debris go through three stages of filtration starting with the filters in the Dirt Tank and then the Post-Motor Filter.
- 15 feet of cord for great cleaning reach and retracts with the touch of a button for easy storage
- Weighs less than eight pounds. Easy to maneuver with the integrated carrying handle. No Dirt Sensor
What to Look for in a Canister Vacuum
What type of flooring do you have? If you have laminate or bamboo flooring, then perhaps you should consider a vacuum that has a variety in settings as far as suction goes. Similarly, the more lightweight options might be more optimal if you have a house that has a lot of stairs or need to accommodate for aches and pains. As you might assume, price also counts. Compare the price of the vacuum to what you are getting out of it (though the ones on this list are all great options as far as what they give in return for the price). The various attachments are also things to consider as far as reach and specifications.
How frequently are canister vacuums used nowadays?
They are still frequently and widely used.
How do I pick the best canister vacuum?
Consider what your own needs are. If you have pets, perhaps the Kenmore or the Miele is what you would want. If you are looking for the lightest, then the Oreck Super-Deluxe is preferable.
Which are better, upright vacuums or canister vacuums?
Upright vacuums vs. canister vacuums is a difficult decision. It comes down to whether you are looking for something providing a heavier clean and cheaper price or that is lightweight and manoeuvrable. Both have pros and cons, so consider what will work best for your current needs.
Which canister vacuum is the most lightweight?
The Oreck Super-Deluxe Compact Canister Vacuum Cleaner is the most lightweight vacuum, weighing only four pounds. You won’t lose any suction despite its weight, though!
What brand is better, Dyson or Miele?
Both are very good purchases. The Miele canister vacuums, however, tend to be cheaper with a similar return on quality as the Dyson so are the ones that I tend to recommend first.
What vacuum brand is recommended by professionals?
In 2021, most of the cleaning expert recommend Kenmore vacuums but chose the Miele brand as having produced the best canister vacuums.
Which brand has the best suction power?
Due to the two-motor system, the Kenmore Pet-Friendly Vacuum currently has one of the best suctions on the market.
How should I clean a canister vacuum?
Empty the canister or bag, wipe down the inside with a cloth or if wash with warm soapy water. You should make sure it dries completely before reattaching to your machine.
The best canister vacuums are dependable, lightweight, and are suited to different types of cleaning. The ones listed above are the best of the best, providing a range of uses and prices to so that you can pick the one that will help you the best. While no one vacuum will be able to fit all households, odds are one of the above will be able to assist your cleaning needs.